Facebook and other social networking sites offer another free avenue for artists to display their products, send notes to "fans," and promote their web sales sites (i.e. website, Etsy, Artfire, etc). One popular option is a Facebook Fan Page. Here are instructions on how to create a Fan Page in Facebook for your business.
1. Login to Facebook. If you don’t have a login, you will need to create one. You need to decide ahead of time whether the base profile you are creating will be for your business or personal. You can make the profile personal and the Fan Page business related.
2. The easiest way I have found to create a Fan Page is to go to another Fan Page. Therefore, go to mine at the following link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Soy-Candles-Bliss-Soybean-Candles-and-Gifts/32950178226
3. If you want to become a fan of my page, now is the easiest time to do it. You should see “Become a Fan” in the upper right hand corner in the options.
Now, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Click on “Create a Page for My Business.”
4. Choose the type of business you are promoting.
5. Type in the Name of the Business you are making the page for. Keep in mind that you do want to use wording that will trigger your page to come up in searches. While my business name is Bliss Soybean Candles and Gifts, Bliss Soy Candles may have been a better choice.
6. Click on the "Create Page" button.
7. Edit the page. You can upload a primary photo and other photos, add information about your business, post notes on the wall, and even set up a calendar with upcoming craft shows and other events. Once you have some members you can start discussion topics and offer product reviews.
It’s that easy! Now be sure to promote your new Fan Page on your blog, on Etsy, on ArtFire, and wherever else you have a voice!