Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
1. Login to Facebook. If you don’t have a login, you will need to create one. You need to decide ahead of time whether the base profile you are creating will be for your business or personal. You can make the profile personal and the Fan Page business related.
2. The easiest way I have found to create a Fan Page is to go to another Fan Page. Therefore, go to mine at the following link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Soy-Candles-Bliss-Soybean-Candles-and-Gifts/32950178226
3. If you want to become a fan of my page, now is the easiest time to do it. You should see “Become a Fan” in the upper right hand corner in the options.
Now, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Click on “Create a Page for My Business.”
4. Choose the type of business you are promoting.
5. Type in the Name of the Business you are making the page for. Keep in mind that you do want to use wording that will trigger your page to come up in searches. While my business name is Bliss Soybean Candles and Gifts, Bliss Soy Candles may have been a better choice.
6. Click on the "Create Page" button.
7. Edit the page. You can upload a primary photo and other photos, add information about your business, post notes on the wall, and even set up a calendar with upcoming craft shows and other events. Once you have some members you can start discussion topics and offer product reviews.
It’s that easy! Now be sure to promote your new Fan Page on your blog, on Etsy, on ArtFire, and wherever else you have a voice!
I indulged myself quite a bit over the holidays with great Etsy finds! One of my favorites is this "Romance" solid perfume from The Copper Cauldron. The fragrance is very soft and enticing.
Here is part of the listing description:
"This particular scent is based on the fragrance by R.L. This is one heavenly floral scent! Top notes of rose, muguet, and lilac with touches of apricot blossom, heliotrope, iris, sandalwood, amber, and musk. A truly feminine fragrance that is not to be missed. Just put a touch of this on all your pulse points. The best time to apply is right after you've toweled off after a shower (with the matching soap of course!) when your pores are open. Of course you can reapply when you feel the need to freshen up.This solid perfume comes in a lovely hinged tin... perfect for on the go! No messy spills!
Made from olive oil, shea butter, beeswax, and fragrance oils. There is no greasy feeling with application and it melts beautifully into your skin."
Would you like your own? Follow this link to the listing on Etsy!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
"See" you soon! -Suzanne
Monday, December 8, 2008
I have been on a purchasing spree on Etsy lately and have found several wonderful items that I absolutely love (yes, I'm shopping for me!). One of those items is this beautiful, well made little lotus ring I purchased from CatherineMarissa. A fellow Etsy West Michigan teammate, her work is a great example of the high end work that this group does.
Visit her shop at: http://CatherineMarissa.etsy.com
She has also posted another listing for this sweet little ring if you would like one all for yourself!
Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17741941
Have a great Monday! -Suzanne
Saturday, December 6, 2008
And body lotions that sound absolutely wonderful!:
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
First...I only speak for my own soybean candles. I named my business, "Bliss," for a reason. When I first started making candles, the difference between mine and others was very noticeable. They were much stronger, burned better, and the colors were beautiful (thank goodness I paid attention in that Kindergarten class on blending colors!).
If you buy a Bliss Soybean Candle, here is what you can expect:
- Zero to little soot. Soy wax produces little to no soot if burned AND made properly (keep out of drafts, use the appropriate amount of oil, etc). I use the no more than the maximum fragrance recommended to make sure you don't get soot.
- An attractive container that you can be proud to display in your home. There is a reason why I search for cool lids and cute candle caps - I'm a very picky decorator! It would always drive me crazy when all I could find was jelly jars.
- A candle made with the best ingredients available. My candles are often pricier for a reason. You pay for quality. I don't buy from people who sell "discount oils." I buy the most awesome wax on the market. Most of my jars still say Made in the USA!
- Metal - free wicks. My wicks are all made with paper and cotton...period. No zinc or lead to worry about.
- A stronger candle. Most of my fragrances are quite strong. Cozy Home, Hot Apple Strudel, Clove, Victorian Christmas, Christmas Berry...oh I could go on! There are also several that are on the lighter side. Many of your vanilla or clean fragrances are softer. The food fragrances and fruit fragrances will knock your socks off!
- A better burn. If the instructions on the back of my candles are followed, they will burn across every time and straight down to the bottom of the jar using nearly all of the wax. And if you are a "liquefy" junkie like me, you'll love the burn pool on these!
- Beautiful colors. I love color and I am very picky about my dyes.
- A candle that supports American farmers...they make the soybeans (yep..this stuff really comes from soybeans!).
I'll admit it. I love my candles. If you look at my Etsy feedback, you'll see I'm not alone!
DISCOUNT!! If you read this entire article, take 5% OFF in any of my shops below. Just use the code BLOG at checkout and I will send you a refund!
Regular Website: http://www.blisscandles.com/
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I was hunting around for some great EtsyBloggers finds and found this wonderful handbag/purse by TiLT Creations. And...the bonus is that there are matching accessories available! Here is the description for the great find: