Friday, September 25, 2009

Etsy Artist Feature: JustJaynes

1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?

My shop is JustJaynes, and I sell sterling silver jewelry, mostly necklaces and earrings. There are a few fun things in there, too!

2. What is your shop URL? http://justjaynes.etsy.com is a spinoff off http://lydialayne.etsy.com LL is empty, but it is my original shop.

3. What is your blog URL? http://justjaynes.blogspot.com

4. When did you start selling on Etsy?

I signed up on April 19, 2006, under LydiaLayne. In June of 2006, I had my first sale! Etsy was just 1 year old at the time!

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?

My favorite thing about etsy…. the people I’ve met, online and in person. My favorite Etsy features are the Treasury, Time Machine 2, and Shop Local.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you create?

Being able to customize my items for customers. I currently have a custom word charm order and have a couple custom initial charm necklaces that I’m working on.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?

My favorite item is probably the Tree of Life necklace. It’s my best seller!

8. What teams do you belong to?

EtsyWMi (West Michigan) MICE, and Michigan Trolls. As a co-leader for the EtsyWMi team, I am most active with this group.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?

Fun things include craft shows, Facebook and Twitter. The MOST fun thing? Probably Facebook because I can interact on a personal level, too. It doesn’t move as fast as Twitter.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?

There are so many! I have a leather watch by RADCOW in my favorites that I want sooo bad. It’ll be my reward someday. Lots of my favorites are flowery or bird-related. I also love to look at aprons, totes, clutches, anything knit or quilted.

I see lots of awesome items from EtsyWMi team members everyday. Just ordered chocolate marshmallows from Bonnie at FirstFruitsLLC, rag cloth coasters from DulcesCreations. Karin from AwindowIntoWhimsy makes adorable mixed media pictures. There are just too many to mention!

11. What do you do in your spare time?

What spare time? Outside of my day job and my etsy business, I make time to golf and spend with family, adult beverages included. I like read a bit before I go to bed.

12. What blogs do you follow?

Lots of blogs! Part of my morning routine is going through my blogger dashboard looking at the most recently updated blogs.


13. Do you have anything else you would like to share
?

Anyone who mentions this interview in the Message to Seller will get a shipping refund!

No comments: