Showin' some love for one of my Etsy West Michigan peeps! Search "etsywmi team" on Etsy.com to find more great Michigan made items.
1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
A Window into Whimsy is my shop name, and I make purses, key fobs, lanyards and other accessories for everyday, along with some mixed media art using paper, mat board and my sewing machine. :)
2. What is your shop URL?
3. What is your blog URL?
4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
April of 08. I knew of Etsy for a while… just never spent any real time there. After I did, well, it was all over, I was hooked, lol.
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
I love that Etsy gives every person the opportunity to sell their hand made wares… with no discrimination. I think it sparks creativity and inspiration.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you create?
I have a fabric obsession. No, seriously… it’s pretty bad. ;) But that is my favorite part… picking that perfect fabric and making into something useful.
7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Oh goodness… that actually changes on a daily basis, lol. ;) There are certain fabrics I love so much that I just like to look at the purse I just made, lol. But really… I suppose it would have to be my family tree and mixed media pieces, because they are ‘mine’ from start to finish.
8. What teams do you belong to?
Etsy West Michigan
9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Carry on at Craft Shows. ;) I love talking about the markets I do on other days, and talking to potential customers one on one. I’m just a people person. ;)
10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
Oh Goodness. That could get to be a dangerously long list, lol. But I love http://thedreamygiraffe.etsy.com There is not a single piece I would not love to own!
11. What do you do in your spare time?
Um… sew. Seriously.
12. What blogs do you follow?
Another long list! Since I am at a stay at home mom with a business that requires me to sit alone for hours, blogs are my link to sanity during the day. :) I love www.joyshope.com and www.octamom.com (no, it’s definitely NOT by that lady who had 8 babies, believe me!).
13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Just that I love what I do, and I love that I have the opportunity to do it!