Sunday, August 31, 2008

Etsy Shop Feature: Sidheforest



Featured Etsy Shop: Sidheforest

What is your shop name and what do you sell?
My shop name is Sidheforest. And I sell Surreal and Fantasy Paintings in Acrylic, Watercolor and Ink.

What is your shop URL?
http://www.sidheforest.etsy.com

When did you start selling on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in March of this year as a buyer, and began selling this summer.

What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
Oh man! The Talent! Gobs and Gobs of Talent. I was astonished by the sheer spectrum of items I could get expertly made, by the individual who made them!


What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I get to create my own Universe. I am an Artist. I live with paint in my hair and on my nails. And, I own one dress with no paint on it. ( For now...LOL) So the fact that I can paint all day, then sell what I love keeps me grinning from ear to ear.

What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
My Favorite item is actually not in my store at the moment. "In the Beginning" . This one will be in the Etsy CO-OP Craft Ad in Nov. and will go on sale Oct 20 th. It can be seen on my EBSQ art page and the Sidheforest Fan site on Facebook. I love this painting because it was the first painting I did the way I wanted, in the colors I wanted, in the style I wanted, and turned out the way I wanted. As an artist I believe that "self" being a part of the art is what sets different artists apart. And "In the Beginning" was when I began to discover my own path.


What teams do you belong to?
I am not on any Etsy teams yet, I've been a bit shy. But, I think I should change that and find myself a team of two to join. Any suggestions? hehe

What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Bragging about how cool Etsy is. Too many people have not heard of Etsy and I love spreading the word. I am also absolutely head over heels for my Moo cards. But, my biggest fun promoting myself is learning to have confidence in me and my work, so that I can talk about it with others.

What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
Ok, I can so tell you about my favorites. I will try to make it a short list.
idea2lifestyle.etsy.com , bravegrrl.etsy.com are two of my favorite clothing stops!
oh, and elfland.etsy.com

then of course there's..... figurka.etys.com, buildersstudio.etsy.com, jodieflowers.etsy.com,
And obsoleteworld.etsy.com is one of my most favorite artist on Etsy!

What do you do in your spare time?
This is so easy! Reading, Reading, Reading....LOL I am an avid reader and go through books like potato chips. Early onset Rheumatoid Arthritis has taken away most of my gardening, but not yard sales, building a library, painting, and reading! Oh...and I will bashfully admit to being a bit of a facebook addict. hehe

Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Thank you so much for helping create a wonderful day.

No comments: