Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: newleafdesigns


Featured Etsy Artist: newleafdesigns

Check out this great Etsy West Michigan artist! Search “etsywmi” for more great finds from the beautiful state of Michigan.

1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My store name is "newleafdesigns", I sell handcrafted jewelry and my photographs.

2. What is your shop URL? The url is http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5335690

3. When did you start selling on Etsy? I've been store on etsy since November 2007.

4. My favorite thing about etsy is the support from any number of different venues and now especially from our "Etsy West Michigan Team."

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? My favorite thing about what I sell is that my jewelry is made from a number of beautiful natural materials that I have always loved. I absolutely love stones and I get to work with them and do my best to bring out the beauty of all the different parts I use in a piece of jewelry that is at least as beautiful as the sum of it's parts.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? Oh, my favorite piece?...Like children , can you really have a favorite?

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? ..."Patricia" is FABULOUS, has a gorgeous pendant, awesome clasp and she is really unique. I love the Carnelian, Pearl and Garnet combination.

8. What teams do you belong to? I am on only one team now, Etsy West Michigan.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? If shopping Etsy is promoting the shop, that is definitely the most fun thing I do!! I am on Flickr, although that is officially not supposed to be promotion...


10.What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? There are wonderful suppliers - one of the many is irismishly, a fabulous clay artist, and there are way too many talented people to choose a favorite. nonakednecks is another artist that rocks, I bought a ring I wear every day from her. Fantastic, I love it!

11.What do you do in your spare time? My spare time...is online when I'm supposed to be making jewelry! Seriously, with a full time job, a house, a yard, my etsy shop and having pieces in an art gallery, I work in my art room in my "spare" time.

12.Do you have anything else you would like to share? Yes, I am going to be a Grandma very early next year and we're getting a wedding together for this month! Spare time?...

No comments: