Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: Rock and Gold

Featured Etsy Shop: Rock and Gold



1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is RockAndGold and I sell jewelry hand-crafted with semi-precious stones in sterling silver or gold filled wire. I sell earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.

2. What is your shop URL? My shop URL is http://rockandgold.etsy.com/

3. When did you start selling on Etsy? I opened up a shop about 5 weeks ago, but I didn't really start listing until about 3 weeks ago. I've had the most wonderful time setting up shop, improving my shop, and getting to know other etsians!

4. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I really love the quality of work on Etsy. I am continually impressed by how talented the members are and the incredibly creative designs that they come up with. I also love how friendly and helpful they are as a community. Their advice has been invaluable to me as a burgeoning member.

5. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I get great pleasure from watching a piece come to life using simple materials. My goal is to sell well-crafted affordable jewelry that can easily be versatile enough to go from day to evening.

6. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite item is probably these bright orange/red carnelian earrings: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14858593 They are bright enough to spruce up a simple jeans and tee shirt outfit and they are affordable too.

7. What teams do you belong to? I don't currently belong to any teams, but I'd love to beling to a southern California team soon!

8. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Being picked to be in a treasury was hands down so fun and flattering! This is pretty darn fun too!

9. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?

Oh gosh where do I begin?

I adore these peacock hair pins by wildspirits: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15161216

I also love the color combination in this handbag by jenniferludd: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13945840

I love the nubbyness of this scarft from phydeaux as well: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14464718

This decorative cork ball ornament from makalewakan is so cute and clever. I might decorate my tree this year with earthy ornaments and homemade items.
10. What do you do in your spare time? I'm finishing up a Ph.D. program in Demography, so it doesn't leave a lot of spare time. When I do have a minute I like to spend it either running or with my husband. We try to explore one new ethnic restaurant in LA per week and so far our favorite is an Ethiopian restaurant. Since we are from the midwest, we enjoy beer ;) and we are hoping to plan a trip up the coast to hit micro breweries in Northern California, Oregon, and Washington later this fall.

No comments: