Friday, October 10, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist: LoriMirabelli



Featured Etsy Artist: LoriMirabelli


1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?

My Shop name is LoriMirabelli (Mirabelli's Gallery). I sell contemporary abstract paintings.

2. What is your shop URL?

http://www.lorimirabelli.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?

I'm currently not blogging at this time.

4. When did you start selling on Etsy?

I first joined Etsy on January 16, 2008, but I didn't really list anything until January 28, 2008. I spent the first two weeks looking around and getting to know the site. Within two weeks I sold my first painting, and I can't even begin to express my excitement. Within in the next few weeks, I sold a few more and at present I'm selling 3 to 5 paintings a week. It has been an amazing experience and a busy one too. I've sold 157 paintings to date. Some times I pinch myself just to see if it's all been a dream!

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?

Etsy is an amazing site. It is unlike any other site that I have found. Both the sellers and the customers are amazing. It is such a warm and friendly place to sell and buy. I've had so many emails from other sellers welcoming me to Etsy and wishing me the best of success. From that point on I was hooked. Every time I glaze at other sellers stores, I feel like I just took a stroll down a street at dust in the most beautiful quaint little artsy town.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?

I love art and everything about it. I'm particularly drawn to painting and the use of acrylics. It never ceases to amaze me when I lay that first brush stroke on the canvas. The bright crisp colors gently placed on the canvas eventually develop into a work of art and before I know it hours have passed me by.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?

The new series that I'm currently working is called Across the Nation. I have to say that this is my favorite series to date. It symbolizes my desire to travel and explore art in other countries. Currently I'm saving for a trip to Europe and plan on traveling in the late spring of next year.

8. What teams do you belong to?

I currently belong to Design Style Guide and Mesty.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?

I'm not sure I can say promoting is fun at this time.. lol It's a lot of hard work and late nights. I try to promote my shop every where I go. I post on Flickr.com and EBSQ. I'm currently working on my first art exhibit; it's scheduled for Oct 9 - Nov 3 at Loplops Gallery in Sault Ste. Marie. It's been tuff working on show pieces as well as ensuring I still have new and fresh pieces of work at my shop. It's definitely been all worth it and I owe it to many of the Etsians out there who sent me their encouraging words. Thank you so much!

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?

Oh Gosh!!!! Where do I even begin.there are so many.

There are two that stand out in my mind one is called sprucehome.etsy.com Their shop is filled with retro furniture. I just love there taste and style. One day I might just be able to afford a piece from their shop!

The other is RozArt.etsy.com. She has a series called Leap LOVE IT!!!


11. What do you do in your spare time?

Currently I have very little spare time. I work full time at Chid Protective Service and paint nearly every night and weekend. But when I need to take a break from it all, I get together with friends. I also have an English Mastiff that I hang with as often as possible. He's my side kick and every where I go, he goes. Literally lol.

12. What blogs do you follow?

I'm currently following the Interiordesignteam blog. It's very informative and they are great at helping promote Etsy. Thanks Team!!

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?

It's taking me 37 years!!! But I'm finally living my dream. Thanks Etsy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on living your dream!!!!

Coffeemonkey said...

Hi Suzanne, Just wanted to let you know that I mentioned your blog on mine. Here's the link http://coffeemonkeymusings.blogspot.com. I love that you featured Lori. She is one of my favorites and so is Rozart that Lori mentioned. Thanks!