Featured Etsy Shop: Have It Confections
1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? Have It Confections is our name and homemade, old-fashioned caramels are our game.
2. What is your shop URL? http://www.haveitconfections.etsy.com/
3. What is your blog URL? I don't have one. What with being a mom to a four year old, being a full time student and running Have It, I don't have time to blog just yet. I do hope to in the future though.
4. When did you start selling on Etsy? On September 2nd 2008
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I love the amazing things that you find. I also love the camaraderie. It is just such a great pace to be. There is always someone ready to help you out when you have a question. There is always the perfect gift for yourself or someone else. It is just a great place to be and an amazing place to sell your wares.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? That we make gourmet candy that uses the very best ingredients, that are often local and organic. Ad that we're still able to sell it for a very affordable price. Also, I'm not just saying this because it's my business, but our caramels are beyond amazing. I can't stop eating them. Oh well occupational hazard I guess.
7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite right now is the Belgian Dark Chocolate caramel. It tastes like little chewy brownies. They are amazing.
8. What teams do you belong to? I belong to EEAT, Etsy's Edible Arts Team. It is great to be in a group with other such talented food artists.
9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? We send out samples randomly. If I see that some one is having a bad day (in the Etsy forums) I may convo them and ask if they'd like some caramels. I don's want anything in return, it just makes me happy to make others happy. I also swap samples with other sellers and we send out each others samples in our packages.
10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? Oh geez, we could be here for a while. I am a B&B fanatic, my favorite sellers are BathLife, BeSemNaturalScents, Savor and Haunt. There soaps are good enough to eat. I also really like the jewlery I buy, cricketapollo, easternsky, blake, polarity, and sophiesbeads makes the most amazing little book charms, if you send her book covers she'll custom make them for you. They're amazing. sewsewsuckyourtoe makes adorable little felt acorns and mushrooms with gnomes in them. kmknits, make the most amazing fingerless gloves to order and Euniceneedlecraft has brilliant cloche hats. I have had the best lick on Etsy. I love each and every purchase I have made so far. Also, bdoodlez makes these gifttags that are like no other. I didn't even buy them to put on gifts, I bought them because they were awesome and I the christmas ones are going on my tree.
11. What do you do in your spare time? I study and spend time with my daughter. I'm a full time student. I'm getting my degree in Art History which is my passion. I get a thrill from renaissance art that I get from nothing else. My daughter and I have such a great time together. SHe is very lucky her mom is a big kid. We make up games, like the mystery hunt. I hide things around the house. I tell her a story about why the toys have gone missing. I give her my magnifying glass and she goes to find everything. It keeps her busy and she loves it.
12. What blogs do you follow? I like ohsolovely, and I think you just sold me on following your's
13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? I just wanted to say that I appreciate you featuring us, Suzanne. We appreciate it so much. My husband and I work really hard, and have for the past four years, to bring the freshest, most heavenly caramels to everyone. Whether they have a lot of extra money or not that much. We will always try to accomadate any request, we may not always be able too, but I try very hard to make every customer feel like my one and only. We love what we do and it comes through in our product. We try to be new and innovative with our flavors and we try never to go more than a month without a new flavor option. We hope you come by and take a look. You'll be happy you did. Remember at Have It Confections, one bite and you'll be hooked.