Monday, October 6, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist: Tagisa


Featured Etsy Artist: Tagisa



1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
I would have liked to have a fancy name, but came up with "tagisa" many years ago and just kept it. I sell a variety of items such as jewelry frames, jewelry, magnets, push pins, decorative pens and hair accessories...at the moment!

2. What is your shop URL?
http://tagisa.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?
http://tagisatalks.blogspot.com/

4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
Well, I registered on Etsy in January '08 and believe I only listed one item at that time. Surprisingly to me, nine days later it sold! That gave me a bit of hope so I kept at it, listing just one item, which was an earring frame, until it sold. It wasn't until June that I started listing more items, more often.

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
That's a tough one. I'd have to say (one of) my favorite things about Etsy is seeing all of the talent out there! It is amazing to see so many beautiful handmade items all in one place.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I enjoy brining happiness to others and also fun and functional items. I've always loved jewelry and office supplies, so naturally, that is what I gravitate to!

The earring frames were created out of necessity for myself. Now see what I have and can select accessories right away. My friends who have these also love them and their functionality, which makes me happy.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Really? Just one? I'm not sure I have a favorite item. However, I will tell you that I recently took an item off because I decided to keep it for myself! It is an earring frame decorated with pink and clear rhinestones, glitter and the word "beautiful" across the bottom also in rhinestones.

8. What teams do you belong to?
I belong to only one team (so far) which is the UtahEtsy Street Team.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Honestly, I haven't done much promoting. I feel like I still have a lot to learn, but blogging is fun and I really enjoy flickr! It's nice to see pictures from others, join groups and share photos in them. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagisa

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
Oh, there are soooo many! I bought a strawberry charm from Amanda at http://migotochou.etsy.com/ who makes such cuteness that you might accidentally want to eat it!

Another is Elaina of ThumperFantasy, her site is: http://thumperfantasy.etsy.com/ I bought a lovely pendant from her before discovereing she was on Etsy. Her work is beautiful!

One more is Nikki of aurella27. She is another great artist on Etsy. Her site is: http://aurella27.etsy.com/

11. What do you do in your spare time?
Besides my "real" job and etsy, there isn't much spare time. I enjoy keeping myself busy by shopping (craft supplies, rebates & deals), festivals and doing outdoor things. Bellydancing is a love of mine which I need to make time for again!

12. What blogs do you follow?
I have a long list of blogs that I look at occasionally, but none that I follow regularly. Most are from people on Etsy.

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Don't be surprised if you see me making earrings one day and cutting wood the next! I love doing it all!

Thank you, Suzanne, for featuring me in your blog, I really appreciate it!

No comments: