Monday, October 27, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist: Whynott Sewn


Featured Etsy Artist: WhyNottSewn


1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop name is Whynott Sewn, a play on my last name, Whynott. I mainly sell baby blankets, but will hopefully be expanding the inventory sometime soon.

2. What is your shop URL? The address is whynottsewn.etsy.com

3. What is your blog URL? whynottsewn.blogspot.com. However, you won't see a whole lot when you visit the site because I just made it the other day!

4. When did you start selling on Etsy? April 2008


5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? Continuously finding new and incredible handcrafted items that I have just got to have. I know "thing" means one thing, but I suppose the fact that Etsy has provided a forum for me to sell my items is also a definite favorite thing.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? That's easy, the fabric! The blankets are largely a way to showcase my love of fabric.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? That's a hard one because I love them all, but I would say that my favorite would probably be the "Hotty Dotty". The reason being would be because this fabric holds a special place in my heart. My first purchase on Etsy had been a patchwork pillow from stitchindye.etsy.com, which had small pieces of this fabric worked in. To make a long story short I loved these little bits of fabric, had to have it, researched the heck out of fabric on the web and found it, which all began my love and obsession of fabric.


8. What teams do you belong to? Etsy Montana and on the waiting list for Etsy Kids.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? I always find it fun to tell people about my shop, or simply tell them that I make and sell baby blankets. I think it tends to be unexpected, so I like seeing people's reactions.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? There are just so many, which I come across all the time. One of my recent favorites, which I ended up purchasing was this... http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10896613. On my blog is also a preview of some of my many favorite items on Etsy.


11. What do you do in your spare time? Aside from sewing, searching Etsy, and browsing sites for fabric..... not a whole lot else...... well also cooking, walking, biking, and hanging out with my sweetie.

12. What blogs do you follow? The only one I really follow is Angry Chicken, I absolutely love this blog.
13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?In addition to including more handcrafted items in my shop I also plan on one day selling some of the fabric I use by the yard. So if anyone shares my love of fabric, and likes what I use, check back periodically to see if I have begun this (though I imagine it will be a little while). And finally, I would like to thank you for featuring me in your blog!

No comments: