Sunday, November 16, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist: Alphabet Hill




Featured Etsy Artist: Alphabet Hill



1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop is called, The Alphabet Hill. We specialize in custom alphabet photo keepsakes. Photographs are taken of architecture, nature, and everyday life and resemble the letters of the alphabet.

2. What is your shop URL? http://www.thealphabethill.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL? http://www.thealphabethill.blogspot.com/

4. When did you start selling on Etsy? I started selling on Etsy on Labor Day 2008. Pretty ironic, isn't it?
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? My favorite thing about Etsy are the forums. I have learned so much from talking with and bouncing ideas off of other sellers.


6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? The best part of what I sell is that it every piece of artwork is customized. I have never created the same piece twice and that makes it so meaningful for me.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? My favorite item in my shop is the custom black and white framed alphabet keepsake. I really like the way the framed pieces look the best and the black frame that I use is gorgeous.

8. What teams do you belong to? I have just recently applied to the Etsy Moms..and I am looking for a Michigan team that is a little closer to me in Metro Detroit.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? The best thing I do to promote my shop is to pass out business cards and sell at local craft shows. I love talking to my customers and recommending Etsy to people.


10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? A few of my favorites are...YUMMYBUBBLEGUM's necklaces, OKTAK'S handbags, and of course Suzanne's BLISS CANDLES, the three-layer jars are on my "want to buy" list.

11. What do you do in your spare time? In my "spare time", I am the mother to three boys, ages 8, 3, and 2. My "real" jobs are a first-grade teacher and volleyball coach.


12. What blogs do you follow? I am pretty new to the blogging world...I still am trying to figure out how to find people out there. Come find me and I will follow you! :)

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? Thank you so much for reading! And thanks to Suzanne for featuring me, be sure and visit both of our shops. http://www.blisscandles.etsy.com/ and http://www.thealphabethill.etsy.com/.

No comments: