Friday, November 7, 2008

Featured Etsy Bloggers Artist: Storybeader


Featured Etsy Bloggers Artist: Storybeader



1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My shop is called storybeader and I sell one-of-a-kind jewelry and other fun beaded items

2. What is your shop URL? http://storybeader.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL? http://storybeader.blogspot.com/

4. When did you start selling on Etsy? in Feb 2008



5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? it's the community of Etsybloggers I've met. They're the best! Etsybloggers Rock!

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell? are you talking about the jewelry as a whole? I enjoy working with beads and colors. I also like to be able to write stories to go with the necklaces.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? I don't have one favorite item - sure you hear that a lot! It's more like a favorite technique: my treasure necklaces. They can tell such a sweet story and the colors and textures - you can go wild!



8. What teams do you belong to? My most active team is the Etsybloggers. I also joined the OKESTYs when I first came to selling on Etsy (I live in Oklahoma.) Recently I joined the BBEST (Boomers team), but there aren't enough hours in a day to be active everywhere. And I love my bloggers!

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Write and direct people to my blog!



10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? I'm always on the lookout for turtles - can't list all of them. I found a great olive tray, by lurearts. I love ceramics. But my favorite favorites is the Storyteller, by wildeyedesign (I wrote about it on an early blog.) One day I'll buy it!

11. What do you do in your spare time? What spare time? LOL I love to read, and if I'm not working or taking care of my business (storybeader), I'm either spending time with DH, reading, or exercising. Not much cleaning going on in this girl's house!

12. What blogs do you follow? I follow all my fella etsybloggers, and try to comment on their blogs. And BlogTalkRadio is something new to me. I've been dropping cards through Entrecard, and follow some blogs through that.


13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? One thing I've found about starting your own business is to keep focused. Everyone knows that it is so easy to get sidetracked online. And don't forget your family - it's easy to do, especially if you don't have children.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

What a nice interview! Thanks for the great feature - I love the scattering of some photos!