Thursday, November 6, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist: Lauren Alexander


Featured Etsy Artist: Lauren Alexander


1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
My shop is LaurenAlexander and I sell my original paintings, prints, and more!

2. What is your shop URL?
http://laurenalexander.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?
http://laurenalexanderart.blogspot.com/


4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in May 2006 and sold my first painting that October. I didn't become serious about selling until January 2008.

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
I love the spirit of Etsy. I love that we are a community of handmade business people, creating with our own unique ideas, running our shops with integrity and personality.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
My favorite thing about what I sell is that painting comes very naturally to me; I seem to have an endless supply of ideas, colors, and designs. Painting small allows me the ease of selling at affordable prices too, which keeps me in business!

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Oh, that's a tough one! I have so many favorites. Right now, I am in LOVE with my new calendars. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16808803

8. What teams do you belong to?
I am a member of Etsy's Watercolor Works

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
I love to put surprises in my packages. So if someone is kind enough to shop in my store, I like to reward them with more Lauren Alexander goodies, like stickers or something. I've had really positive feedback about that.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
There are soooo many! I can't even look at all the great jewelry artists. And then there are the great candle, soap, and clothing makers! If I could I'd buy from every person in my favorites.

11. What do you do in your spare time?
What is "spare time"? Just kidding! I love music. I like to go see live music, make my one mixes on cds, and generally just dream about joining a band and travelling everywhere.

12. What blogs do you follow?
I like to read the blogs of the people that read my blog! I like developing friendships and trusting relationships with other sellers on Etsy.

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? I would just want to share that I happy and humbled to have been fortunate enough to create things people want to own! I think I'm a generally happy and helpful person and when you are running your own business you have to enjoy making people happy, not just yourself.

4 comments:

lolasmom said...

I love Lauren Alexander's work! Thanks for more info on her!

www.babyvagabond.com

Femin Susan said...

hey
put some photo's of your paintings in the blog.

Suzanne's Creations said...

I added some more pics!

Jay Neale III said...

It's kinda hard to pick which photos to use. I just visited her blog and there seem to be hundreds to choose from and they're all pure greatness!
--
Namaste,
Jay