Sunday, November 16, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: Michele's Essentials


Featured Etsy Shop: Michele's Essentials





1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?

My shop name is:

Michele's Essentials

I make and sell, candles and bath products

2. What is your shop URL?

http://www.michelesessentials.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?

http://www.michelesessentials.blogspot.com/



4. When did you start selling on Etsy?

I actually started selling on Etsy back in April of 2007 in my other shop called 'Earth's Essence LLC' and most recently opened 'Michele's Essentials'

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?

The people, they are so nice here on Etsy, they are very helpful, kind and very easy to work with! I have truly loved my time here on Etsy so far, even the slow times are good times, I have made a lot of true friends on here who have helped to inspire me through the really tough times.


6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?

Meeting new people then hearing how much they like my product. It still sends chills down my spine when someone tells me they love my products. It give me such a boost and a good feeling deep down inside. It is truly my motivation to continue to create!

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?

I'd say it is my 'Balancing Toner' because I wanted to create something for my sensitive skin that was alcohol free. Most all toners contain large amounts of alcohol in them, and WHY? There is truly no need to use such a harsh chemical on your skin. Sometimes the more natural you are the better you are!

8. What teams do you belong to?

I belong to:
Etsy's Military Brats Street Team
and
Pagans of Etsy Street Team
Both of which I am pretty active in on a daily basis, I have meet some very special people through my teams too.


9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?

Networking! I love to meet others, I like to meet other sellers because I really like to see what else people are creating, so far I have met so many people I don't even go and buy things at the local stores no more, why should I when I know I can purchase a high quality product directly from a wonderful person, rather than from a store where it's been mass produced.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?

hmmm, This is a tough one, what others make is always blowing my mind! So far I think my favorite is not a single one thing but a whole, and that would be some of the sculptors the people who make the miniature items for the doll houses, those teeny tiny cakes, and pies and the likes, those people blow my mind.... I can sculpt but some of what these people are making is just insanely small!

11. What do you do in your spare time?

I read and study, to further my education, my dad once told me, 'the day you stop learning is the day you die!' well I like to continue to learn, and better myself and my product for my customers, I feel it is my duty to offer them the most current and up to date information about their skin care that I possibly can give them. I am currently studying for the next faze on my journey, to become a licensed Aesthetician, so someday I can open my own Spa!

12. What blogs do you follow?

Barefoot Mommies, I am currently working with them on some promo things, I am giving away a $25 Gift Certificate, and next month I will be offering a huge give away for a chance to receive one of everything from my shop!

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?

Uuummmmm, Only that I hope I have not bored you to death here and that if there is ever anything I can help any of you with, be it skin care a kind of soap you'd like specially made for you bath salts, you name it, please do not hesitate to stop in and ask! I am very convo friendly and I am always looking to challenge myself, my knowledge and my skills, on a daily basis!

No comments: