Saturday, November 29, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: Nostalgia Organics


Featured Etsy Shop: Nostalgia Organics




1. What is your shop name and what do you sell? My etsy shop name is NostalgiaOrganics. I sell all-natural, artisan soap and skincare products made with pure botanical oils.

2. What is your shop URL? http://www.nostalgiaorganics.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL? http://www.nostalgia.typepad.com/

4. When did you start selling on Etsy? I am new to selling on Etsy and recently launched one of my lines, the aromatherapy doll soap, in November.

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy? I love the collaboration of creativity. It̢۪s a wonderful, supportive community of talented people from around the world.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
It was important to me that my products were not only natural, but functional and beautiful. I am excited to bring luxurious soaps to market that aren̢۪t full of harsh detergents, colors or synthetic fragrances. My soaps are created with an all-natural, vegetable base, colored with natural earth pigments and enhanced with aromatherapy essences from fruit, nut and herb oils. I also love to offer my collection in heirloom quality packaging, such as antique style apothecary jars or hat boxes, which can serve another purpose after the soaps are gone.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why? We have a lot of lovely items in production that are not currently on our etsy shop (but will be soon). But, of the items listed, I love our aromatherapy doll soap collections. Our hand-crafted doll soaps were inspired by antique penny dolls and each collection was created with a specific aromatherapy blend to enhance positive emotions. They're very unique and always make people smile.

8. What teams do you belong to? None yet, but hoping to join a few soon.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Online, I have a lot of fun at Twitter.com. I've met a lot of interesting people there and our fans can keep up with us daily at twitter.com/nostalgialife. I also enjoy participating in the Etsy forums. But mostly, I enjoy meeting and greeting people at local arts and craft shows, passing out samples and inviting people to learn more about us.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy? Oh, there are many. But, if I had to choose a few of my recent favorites: I love the baby bunny slippers by Jenniferladd and all the sweet vintage trinkets at efinegifts.

11. What do you do in your spare time? I have fun exploring and learning with my 1 1/2 year old son, Michael. We get lost at the zoo or find a new slide to test at a local park. He is so much fun.

12. What blogs do you follow? I enjoy the vintage eye candy at velvetstrawberries.typepad.com and the sweet inspiration at sweetcandycreations.typepad.com. Those are just a few that come to mind, but there are many!

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share? Sure, I think this is an interesting bit about our products that your readers might appreciate. It took well over two years in research and development to bring my first collection to market. Not a detail was overlooked in creating each product: from the selection of hard-to-find botanical oils from remote places such as Bulgaria or France, to the late evenings designing vintage-inspired patterns and imagery for each collection. I've always believed that style and substance are not mutually exclusive, and it is my goal to offer products in which the finest materials, elegant design and handmade craftsmanship converge to inspire a fresh approach to skincare.

No comments: