Saturday, November 29, 2008


Featured Etsy Shop: JoBead




1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
JoBead sells jewelry and hair accessories, mainly made with Swarovski crystals.

2. What is your shop URL?
http://www.jobead.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?
I do not currently blog, but you can find more info on me at http://www.jobead.com/

4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
Oct. 7, 2008

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
The entire community is very helpful and welcoming. It's nice to know that there are people willing to help you out and talk through ideas with.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
100% of the proceeds from JoBead go to supporting Wellspring International. It feels great to know that the customer is getting what they want and then is simultaneously able to help out someone else who really needs it.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Currently, I'm partial to the 'Simply Fabulous Earrings.' They really do go with just about anything.

8. What teams do you belong to?
TeamCAC and CAST

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Once a month, Miss Ruby Boutique in Milwaukee hosts a Girl's Night Out. I get to go in and make custom designs on the spot all night! We have chocolate and wine and I get to talk up Wellspring International.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?

I find something that I love every day! I absolutely love things that incorporate great design with practicality, so for today I'll choose Funnyfinn and artology. They both make wonderful hats for kids!

11. What do you do in your spare time?
I didn't know the words spare and time could be used together! I'm a wife to my best friend and a mother to two wonderful little kids. Between all of the things that entails, running JoBead and helping out where needed, I guess I sleep through the rest of it.

12. What blogs do you follow?
Lots of family and friends - we're spread all over the world, so it's great to be able to keep up that way.

13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
I am so amazed by the work Wellspring International does that I'd like you to know about them! 100% of all the donations given there are used for projects like providing a home for AIDS orphans in Africa, feeding Iraqi refugees, providing shelter for the elderly and destitute in India and helping to rebuild an entire village in Indonesia after the tsunami. You can find out more about them at: http://www.wellspringinternational.org/ When you purchase from JoBead, 100% of the proceeds are donated here.

No comments: