Saturday, November 29, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: Silver Lake Studio


Featured Etsy Shop: The Silver Lake Studio



What is your shop name and URL? The Silver Lake Studio
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5614518

I sell handcrafted sterling silver jewelry, sometimes incorporating stone and faceted gemstones.

Blog URL: I do not currently have a blog.

When did you start selling on Etsy? I joined last February and opened my shop in March,

What is your favorite thing about Etsy? The fact that there is so much diversity and talent in one place.

What is your favorite thing about what you sell? I am a bling kind of girl, so I love it all!

What is your favorite thing in your own shop & why? It has to be the pansy cuff bracelet that I just finished and will list tonight. When I finish a new piece, it automatically becomes my favorite.

What teams do you belong to? Metalsmiths In Action and Etsy Dallas.



What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop? Without a doubt, it is talking to others in the forums. There is so much knowledge to be found there.

What are your favorite finds by other Etsy sellers? I love kathydkeith’s photography, Davidloongs jewelry, and I have a beautiful leather journal from MyHandboundBooks.
I am also in awe of the jewelry made by JoyfulCrow.



What do you do in your spare time? I love to cook and I have a new gas stove that I refer to as my Porsche. I also enjoy reading and I’m hooked on HGTV!

What blogs do you follow? Only one so far…TimothyAdams.



Do you have anything else to share? In 2005, after a routine mammogram, I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I started chemo the week before Christmas, and by February, after only 2 rounds of chemo, I was cancer-free. The Dr. put me through 4 more rounds to be safe. And, I’m still here!

No comments: