Monday, November 17, 2008

Featured Etsy Shop: Sun2Create


Featured Etsy Shop: Sun2Create



1.What is your shop name and what do you sell? Sun2Create
I sell throw pillow covers, market totes/handbags and weekender laundry bags. I am expanding my line of market totes and adding some small accessories such as zip pouches. I also have some wine bottle bags available in my shop.

2. What is your shop URL?
http://sun2create.etsy.com/

3. What is your blog URL?
http://themarygoround.blogspot.com/



4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
I had been on Etsy as a buyer for a couple of months but actually started stocking my store at the end of August, 2008.

5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
My favorite thing about Etsy is the sense of community. I have learned so much from other Etsy sellers. and I know that there is always a wealth of knowledge and experience available for me as a seller. This helps tremendously in giving new sellers the confidence to get started. There is also a lot of support and encouragement from Etsy members.

6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I love fabric of all kinds. I love color and texture and pattern. I spend a lot of time looking for unique fabrics that I think would make a great pillow or bag. Throw pillows can very quickly and easily change the look of a room. I like being able to find that special fabric that will really pop in someone's decor.

7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
Typically, my favorite thing is whatever I made last. I always love whatever I am working on. But, if I had to choose, it is probably my Lipstick Safari Bag. It is oversized and has long, comfortable straps. I was recently in New Orleans for the weekend and could certainly have used a bag like this for the all-day walking and shopping we did. And, the true-red and oatmeal-colored animal print is just one of the most fun fabrics I have ever used! I will definitely be making another one of these bags for myself.

8. What teams do you belong to?
I belong to the Design Style Guide Team, the Wild, Wise, Witty Grandmas Team, the Southeastern U.S. Team and Team Etsy Mississippi.

9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
I have really started to enjoy my blog and I have made some blog friends, some Etsians, some non-Etsians. I like keeping up with their activities and lives through visiting their blogs. I do a weekly “Best Gifts on Etsy” feature on my blog and it is geared toward a different type of recipient each week. I also have been writing a monthly newsletter for those on my mailing list. I enjoy that as well.

10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
A jewelry seller named Maddyanne has a bracelet I love called Jolie Bracelet.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16916308

I really love the artwork of Karenfieldsgallery such as her painting called Take Your Time.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16481041

And Pickleberries makes some very pretty fused glass earrings like these called Delicate Nosegay
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13582018

11. What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I play with my four-year-old grandson, cook, read and garden. And of course, browse fabric sites on the web.

12. What blogs do you follow?
I follow TimothyAdamDesigns blog. http://timothyadamdesigns.blogspot.com/
And PamperingBeki http://pamperingbeki.blogspot.com/


13. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
I would just like to say that selling my handmade items on Etsy has been a completely positive experience. The community is friendly and supportive, the array of talent there is amazing and the buyers I have dealt with have been wonderful! I love being a part of it all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome feature of my twitter friend :D

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Great post! I love reading about others,heard about the feature on twitter!

Unknown said...

Great feature!!! I love hearing about my fellow Etsians *smiles*

pickleberries said...

Great blog with interesting articles! Thank you for mentioning my shop as a fave, sun2create. You are at the top of my list too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the feature on your lovely blog!